This page will be updated as and when the situation changes.
Firstly, we suggest you review and follow the advice from Government and the NHS. If you have recently returned from travel to locations listed in Government travel advice then we trust that you follow their guidance.
Desiring God have a helpful article with a Christian perspective on Coronavirus.
We want to let you know what we are doing in response to the coronavirus outbreak. We are monitoring Government advice and looking at what actions we should take in response.
- Don’t come to church gatherings if you have cold or flu symptoms; This would include, prayer and bible study meetings, home groups, youth meetings and Sunday Services
- Don’t share in communion if you have cold or flu symptoms;
- Disinfect surfaces that are regularly touched (eg. door handles, keyboards, light switches);
- Make sure anyone handling food or handing out items to large numbers of people wash their hands, preferably with soap and water;
- Encourage your church congregation to wash their hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) on entering, or sanitising hand gel if soap and water is not available;
- Avoid close contact with those who are unwell.
- In addition, we have already made changes to the preparation and serving of communion to reduce the risk of contamination
If you are unwell and need to stay at home or have been advised to self-isolate then please contact a church leader or member and let us know. We would of course wish to pray for you and look at what we could do to help, such as making the services available online for example.